Followers

Saturday, 22 October 2016

My First Post.

Where do I start?!?
It's very late and it has been a very long day.
My teenage son has Autism and he wakes up very early.
We have two whippets, they also wake up very early. They often want to go out into the garden in the middle of the night to have a pee, parade about in the moonlight or chase a cheeky urban fox which they can hear barking (is that noise a bark or a howl?). The sly old fox taunts and teases them from a safe distance, they all keep me awake.
I hear everything, whippets, foxes, badgers, owls and the occasional fog horn from the harbour. 
Sleep is a stranger to me.
My craft room is my escape, it is my peace and where I am happiest when I am at home. 
My favourite place though, is the beach and I will often take some of my artwork there. I sketch or colour listening to the waves, letting my imagination take me on a journey far out way beyond the horizon. 
Nature, especially the sea, is the biggest inspiration for my art.
Colour is so important to me.
I recently joined the Spectrum Noir Design Team at Crafter's Companion - I absolutely love using their products and creating designs for them. I love the challenge of coming up with new ideas with my own twist to showcase their quality products/tools.
Today (now yesterday - as I've said previously, it's very late!) saw the world launch of the Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers. Professional artist quality alcohol markers with an awesome soft brush nib at one end and a fine detailed nib at the other. I have had these markers for a week or so to design samples for the launch on Hochanda - I LOVE THESE MARKERS!
It's now 2:00am (stupid o'clock)! Time to let the whippies out to chase the fox they can never catch (the fence is too high) and then to bed. I'll close my tired eyes, rest and dream half awake, but never sleep.
I hear everything.
Sleep is a stranger to me.




Here's two of my designs from the Spectrum Noir Illustrator world launch.



12 comments:

  1. Lovely to read your first blog post and congratulations for setting it up. What are your Whippets called, I would love to see a picture of them some time. If you put a "follow" button on your blog I would love to follow you (sorry that sounds creepy but you know what I mean). I can't wait to see your makes on here, again a masive WELL DONE.
    Love Alli Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, it was a lovely surprise. I will set up the follow button and work on the rest of my layout later this evening (it's easier to see everything from my laptop). I'll also tell you about my two crazy whippies too.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to read your first blog post and congratulations for setting it up. What are your Whippets called, I would love to see a picture of them some time. If you put a "follow" button on your blog I would love to follow you (sorry that sounds creepy but you know what I mean). I can't wait to see your makes on here, again a masive WELL DONE.
    Love Alli Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So busy the past few weeks that I haven't spent the time that I would have liked to find my way around and get to know the blog tools etc (hopefully I can do this over the next few evenings). I also have a very much work in progress YouTube channel and all likes, comments, subscribers/followers are very much appreciated.
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9IVdJG-p1nILa4HBe1XzSA
      Have a great day :-) x

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your new blog Kim and your first cards on it are gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's all new to me. I can already see that my time settings are all wrong. I will get there eventually. X

      Delete
  4. Brilliant Kim! Welcome to blog land!! Gorgeous samples too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's work in progress, but I have plenty to share, not only card making. X

      Delete
  5. Brilliant Kim! Welcome to blog land!! Gorgeous samples too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay lovely you are in blogging land woo hoo beautiful creations lovely ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I feel your pain with sleep, my health plus dogs plus 4 cats who insist on charging round like loons at 3am and being a light sleeper make me the zombie I am most days !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found your blog Tracy, but unable to follow (lucky I see most things on YouTube) x

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete